Can't synchronize with repository "(default)" (/common/SVN/crkit does not appear to be a Subversion repository.). Look in the Trac log for more information.
side by side
lines around each change
Show the changes in full context
White space changes
Jun 18, 2010, 5:52:45 PM (
== Packet Format ==
The CRKit packet format is as shown in figure 3. Host must conform to this specification to enable board level communication.
__Figure 3 - Packet Format__
The packet consists of following headers :
* [wiki:Software/Firmware/Framework/R3_arch/ethernet Ethernet]
* [wiki:Software/Firmware/Framework/R3_arch/ip IPv4]
* [wiki:Software/Firmware/Framework/R3_arch/udp UDP]
* [wiki:Software/Firmware/Framework/R3_arch/tcp TCP]
UDP is used for Host <-> CRKit communication e.g. RMAP read/write, status and data transmission.
At this point, fragmentation/reassembly at IP level is not yet supported. We may include this feature in the future. Note that the IP packet size must
be 46-1500 bytes e.g. size of ethernet payload. Hence, max. UDP payload is 1500 - 20 (IP header) - 8 (UDP header) = 1472 bytes.
Furthermore, additional header information is added into the payload region for user specific control information :
* [wiki:Software/Firmware/Framework/R3_arch/rmap_pkt RMAP Packet]
* [wiki:Software/Firmware/Framework/R3_arch/status_pkt Status Packet]
* [wiki:Software/Firmware/Framework/R3_arch/data_pkt Data Packet]
Some sample packet configurations :
* [wiki:Software/Firmware/Framework/R3_arch/sample_rmap RMAP]
* [wiki:Software/Firmware/Framework/R3_arch/sample_data Data]
Part of ORBIT