|Version 5 (modified by 2 years ago) ( diff ),|
The Trac Timeline
Table of Contents
Trac's timeline feature provides a historic view of the project in a single view.
It lists all Trac events that have occurred in chronological order, a brief description of each event and if applicable, the person responsible for the change.
The timeline lists these kinds of events:
- Wiki page events — Pages created and edited
- Ticket events — Tickets open/closed and updated
- Source code changes — Repository check-ins
- Milestone — Milestone completed
Each event entry provides a hyperlink to the specific event in question, who authored the change as well as a brief excerpt of the actual comment or text, if available.
It is possible to filter the displayed events with the various filters in the option panel:
- View changes from — the date from which to start displaying events (current date if empty). Events that occurred after this date will not be shown, only those that occurred before that date.
- and X days back — how many days backwards in time to get events.
- done by — the author of an event. It accepts a space-separated list of authors for which events should be included. Alternatively, if the author names are prefixed by a "-" character, then the events having those authors will be excluded, and all the others included. Single or double quotes can be used for specifying author names containing space characters.
- Changesets in all repositories — if you have more than one repository connected to your Trac project, then you can filter the output so events from specific repositories are not shown.
- Milestones reached — display or hide milestones reached.
- Opened and closed tickets — display or hide ticket open or close events.
- Wiki changes — display or hide Wiki change events.
See TracIni's [timeline] section for timeline configuration options.
The Timeline module supports subscription using RSS 2.0 syndication. To subscribe to project events, click the orange XML icon at the bottom of the page. See TracRss for more information on RSS support in Trac.