|Version 4 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
How to run a simulation
This tutorial explains how to setup and run a simulation. Note that the external simulation environment is not yet integrated into MATLAB/Simulink. To run a simulation, you need to
- Set up the build environment as explained in "How to setup build environment" tutorial.
- Create a top level VHDL file of your design from within MATLAB (if using the provided Simulink CRKit Framework, then the top Input/Output (IO) signals should match the IOs within the testbench environment).
- Port top file into the external testbench environment
- Build the simulation testbench by either using the currently available testcases, or create your own test scenarios.
- Validate your design in Modelsim.